DryShips (DRYS) Given News Impact Score of 0.12
Headlines about DryShips (NASDAQ:DRYS) have been trending somewhat positive on Thursday, Accern Sentiment Analysis reports. The research group ranks the sentiment of press coverage by reviewing more than twenty million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. DryShips earned a daily sentiment score of 0.12 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave media stories about the shipping company an impact score of 45.1846956340453 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the near term.
Here are some of the media stories that may have impacted Accern’s analysis:
- DRYS INVESTOR ALERT: The Law Offices of Vincent Wong Reminds Investors of a Class Action Involving DryShips … – GlobeNewswire (press release) (globenewswire.com)
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Reminds Shareholders With Losses Exceeding $250k of Class Action Against DryShips, Inc. (DRYS) & Lead Plaintiff Deadline: September 12, 2017 (finance.yahoo.com)
- IMPORTANT SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Lundin Law PC Announces Securities Class Action Lawsuit against DryShips Inc. and Reminds Investors with Losses In Excess of $500,000 to Contact the Firm (finance.yahoo.com)
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Files Class Action Suit against DryShips Inc. – Business Wire (press release) (businesswire.com)
- DryShips: Another Quick $33 Million? – Seeking Alpha (seekingalpha.com)
Shares of DryShips (DRYS) traded down 8.21% on Thursday, hitting $1.23. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 16,373,554 shares. DryShips has a 52 week low of $0.98 and a 52 week high of $799,681.62. The firm’s market cap is $23.59 million. The stock’s 50-day moving average price is $15.93 and its 200-day moving average price is $1,378.72.
The company also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, August 4th. Shareholders of record on Thursday, July 20th will be given a $0.094 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Tuesday, July 18th. This represents a $0.38 annualized dividend and a yield of 30.57%. DryShips’s dividend payout ratio is presently 0.00%.
Several research analysts recently commented on DRYS shares. Vetr cut DryShips from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating in a research report on Wednesday, May 10th. ValuEngine cut DryShips from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating in a research report on Friday, June 23rd.
DryShips Company Profile
DryShips, Inc is a holding company. The Company owns drybulk carriers and offshore support vessels. The Company operates through two segments: the drybulk carrier and the offshore support. Under its drybulk segment, the Company operates as a provider of drybulk commodities transportation services for the steel, electric utility, construction and agri-food industries.
Receive News & Stock Ratings for DryShips Inc. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for DryShips Inc. and related stocks with our FREE daily email newsletter.