Weekly Research Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Signet Jewelers Limited (SIG)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Signet Jewelers Limited (NYSE: SIG) in the last few weeks:
- 8/19/2017 – Signet Jewelers Limited had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Needham & Company LLC. They now have a $69.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/17/2017 – Signet Jewelers Limited had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $63.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/1/2017 – Signet Jewelers Limited was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Signet has underperformed the industry in the last one year due to its dismal sales surprise history. Incidentally, the company saw its 10th straight top-line miss in first-quarter fiscal 2018, where both the top line and bottom line fell year over year and lagged estimates. Also, comps continued to disappoint. Results were hurt by a tough retail landscape, lower spending on jewellery and company-specific hurdles. Nonetheless, improved e-Commerce and Piercing Pagoda sales provided little respite. Further, the company is striving hard to place itself on growth path, as evident from its planned capital investments. Moreover, Signet’s digital marketing efforts and focus on Customer-First OmniChannel strategy might help the stock to regain its lost momentum in the near future. The company’s plans to outsource its credit program should also draw investors’ attention, as it is likely to ease some costs and bad debts eventually.”
- 7/31/2017 – Signet Jewelers Limited was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/24/2017 – Signet Jewelers Limited was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/18/2017 – Signet Jewelers Limited had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company.
- 7/18/2017 – Signet Jewelers Limited was given a new $70.00 price target on by analysts at Nomura. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 7/18/2017 – Signet Jewelers Limited is now covered by analysts at Needham & Company LLC. They set a “buy” rating and a $69.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/28/2017 – Signet Jewelers Limited was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 6/23/2017 – Signet Jewelers Limited had its price target raised by analysts at Cowen and Company from $54.00 to $57.00. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
Signet Jewelers Limited (NYSE:SIG) opened at 53.59 on Monday. The company has a market capitalization of $3.67 billion, a P/E ratio of 8.51 and a beta of 1.00. Signet Jewelers Limited has a 52-week low of $46.09 and a 52-week high of $101.46. The stock’s 50 day moving average price is $59.46 and its 200-day moving average price is $63.68.
Signet Jewelers Limited (NYSE:SIG) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, May 25th. The company reported $1.03 EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.66 by $0.63. Signet Jewelers Limited had a net margin of 7.46% and a return on equity of 19.20%. The business had revenue of $1.40 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.46 billion. During the same period last year, the company earned $1.95 EPS. The business’s revenue for the quarter was down 11.1% on a year-over-year basis. Analysts predict that Signet Jewelers Limited will post $6.68 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The firm also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Wednesday, August 30th. Stockholders of record on Friday, July 28th will be paid a $0.31 dividend. This represents a $1.24 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.31%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, July 26th. Signet Jewelers Limited’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is presently 19.97%.
In other Signet Jewelers Limited news, Director H. Todd Stitzer purchased 2,090 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, May 31st. The shares were acquired at an average price of $47.91 per share, with a total value of $100,131.90. Following the purchase, the director now directly owns 16,823 shares in the company, valued at approximately $805,989.93. The purchase was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is accessible through the SEC website. Corporate insiders own 0.52% of the company’s stock.
Signet Jewelers Limited is a retailer of diamond jewelry. The Company’s segments include the Sterling Jewelers division; the Zale division, which consists of the Zale Jewelry and Piercing Pagoda segments; the UK Jewelry division, and Other. The Sterling Jewelers division’s stores operate in the United States principally as Kay Jewelers (Kay), Kay Jewelers Outlet, Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry (Jared) and Jared Vault.
Receive News & Stock Ratings for Signet Jewelers Limited Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Signet Jewelers Limited and related stocks with our FREE daily email newsletter.