Weekly Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Monster Beverage Corporation (MNST)
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Monster Beverage Corporation (NASDAQ: MNST) recently:
- 9/14/2017 – Monster Beverage Corporation is now covered by analysts at Macquarie. They set an “outperform” rating and a $65.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/8/2017 – Monster Beverage Corporation was downgraded by analysts at Credit Suisse Group to a “hold” rating.
- 9/7/2017 – Monster Beverage Corporation had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group. They now have a $61.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/6/2017 – Monster Beverage Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $58.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/23/2017 – Monster Beverage Corporation was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 8/10/2017 – Monster Beverage Corporation was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Monster Beverage’s earnings missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 2.5% but increased 28.6% year over year on higher sales. The international segment posted strong results and looks well positioned for the days ahead. The company has several new products lined up for the remaining of 2017 which is expected to boost sales. The company successfully launched or transitioned Monster Energy Drinks to Coca-Cola bottlers in a number of markets in the quarter and expects further transitions and launches in the second half of the year. However, operating expenses continue to rise. Results were also hurt by unfavorable currency rates which dented quarterly net sales by $8.3 million.”
- 8/9/2017 – Monster Beverage Corporation had its price target raised by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC from $63.00 to $65.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/9/2017 – Monster Beverage Corporation was given a new $61.00 price target on by analysts at Credit Suisse Group. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 8/9/2017 – Monster Beverage Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $57.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/7/2017 – Monster Beverage Corporation had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Susquehanna Bancshares Inc. They now have a $42.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $45.00.
Monster Beverage Corporation (NASDAQ:MNST) traded down 0.34% during mid-day trading on Wednesday, reaching $56.07. The company had a trading volume of 86,441 shares. The firm has a 50-day moving average of $54.84 and a 200 day moving average of $50.17. The company has a market capitalization of $31.86 billion, a PE ratio of 42.41 and a beta of 0.99. Monster Beverage Corporation has a 1-year low of $40.64 and a 1-year high of $57.25.
Monster Beverage Corporation (NASDAQ:MNST) last released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August 8th. The company reported $0.39 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.40 by ($0.01). The firm had revenue of $907.07 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $901.38 million. Monster Beverage Corporation had a net margin of 23.98% and a return on equity of 22.96%. The business’s quarterly revenue was up 9.6% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business earned $0.99 EPS. On average, analysts predict that Monster Beverage Corporation will post $1.48 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In other Monster Beverage Corporation news, Director Sydney Selati sold 10,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, September 1st. The stock was sold at an average price of $56.00, for a total transaction of $560,000.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now owns 52,000 shares in the company, valued at approximately $2,912,000. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this link. Company insiders own 9.40% of the company’s stock.
Monster Beverage Corporation is a holding company. The Company develop, market, sell and distribute alternative beverage category beverages under the brand names of Monster Energy, Monster Rehab, Monster Energy Extra Strength Nitrous Technology, Java Monster, X-Presso Monster, Muscle Monster, Punch Monster, Hansen’s, Hansen’s Natural Cane Soda, Junior Juice, Blue Sky, Hubert’s, Worx Energy and Peace Tea.
Receive News & Stock Ratings for Monster Beverage Corporation Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Monster Beverage Corporation and related stocks with our FREE daily email newsletter.