Recent Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Methanex Corporation (MEOH)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Methanex Corporation (NASDAQ: MEOH) in the last few weeks:
- 9/27/2017 – Methanex Corporation had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada.
- 9/26/2017 – Methanex Corporation was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Methanex has outperformed the industry it belongs to over a year. Methanex should gain from healthy demand fundamentals for methanol. We are also optimistic about its Louisiana project, which is expected to create significant value for shareholders and meaningfully contribute to cash generation. However, the company is still exposed to a volatile methanol pricing environment. Moreover, it continues to face headwinds due to curtailment of gas supply. Short-term natural gas supply issues are expected to continue across the company’s Trinidad and Egypt operations. Production outages are also affecting its operations.”
- 9/18/2017 – Methanex Corporation had its price target raised by analysts at TD Securities to $71.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/12/2017 – Methanex Corporation had its price target raised by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC to $60.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/1/2017 – Methanex Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/25/2017 – Methanex Corporation was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 8/25/2017 – Methanex Corporation had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada.
- 8/18/2017 – Methanex Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
Methanex Corporation (NASDAQ MEOH) opened at 50.30 on Monday. Methanex Corporation has a one year low of $33.96 and a one year high of $53.35. The company’s 50 day moving average price is $47.37 and its 200-day moving average price is $45.19. The stock has a market capitalization of $4.33 billion, a PE ratio of 19.57 and a beta of 1.76.
Methanex Corporation (NASDAQ:MEOH) (TSE:MX) last released its earnings results on Wednesday, July 26th. The specialty chemicals company reported $0.85 EPS for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.08 by ($0.23). The firm had revenue of $669.00 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $772.41 million. Methanex Corporation had a return on equity of 12.43% and a net margin of 8.92%. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 42.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the firm earned ($0.34) EPS. Analysts expect that Methanex Corporation will post $3.96 earnings per share for the current year.
The business also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Saturday, September 30th. Stockholders of record on Saturday, September 16th were paid a $0.30 dividend. The ex-dividend date was Thursday, September 14th. This represents a $1.20 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 2.39%. Methanex Corporation’s payout ratio is 47.81%.
Methanex Corp is a Canada-based producer and supplier of methanol to a range of international markets. The Company operates production sites in Canada, Chile, Egypt, New Zealand, the United States, as well as Trinidad and Tobago. Its global operations are supported by a global supply chain of terminals, storage facilities and a fleet of methanol ocean tankers.
Receive News & Stock Ratings for Methanex Corporation Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Methanex Corporation and related stocks with our FREE daily email newsletter.