Recent Research Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Amgen (AMGN)
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Amgen (NASDAQ: AMGN) recently:
- 9/29/2017 – Amgen had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group. They now have a $186.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $177.00.
- 9/28/2017 – Amgen had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Mizuho. They now have a $198.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $183.00. They wrote, “We are increasing our AMGN price target from $183 to $198 on the back of the biotech sector having re-rated somewhat post the GILD/KITE acquisition. We have not changed our estimates.””
- 9/25/2017 – Amgen had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $199.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/25/2017 – Amgen had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $200.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/14/2017 – Amgen is now covered by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They set a “sector perform” rating and a $192.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/7/2017 – Amgen had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.. They now have a $203.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/28/2017 – Amgen had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cann. They wrote, “Amgen announced today positive results from a new Repatha (evolocumab) analysis of cardiovascular outcomes study (FOURIER) that showed a statistically significant relationship between lower achieved low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) levels and lower cardiovascular event rates in patients with established atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. Importantly, there was no evidence of a leveling off of effect and no new safety concerns were identified in this analysis.””
- 8/21/2017 – Amgen had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Mizuho. They now have a $183.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $195.00.
Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ AMGN) traded up 0.03% during midday trading on Tuesday, reaching $187.23. 1,514,161 shares of the company traded hands. The company has a 50 day moving average price of $179.40 and a 200-day moving average price of $169.72. The stock has a market capitalization of $136.62 billion, a P/E ratio of 17.05 and a beta of 1.36. Amgen Inc. has a one year low of $133.64 and a one year high of $191.10.
Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, July 25th. The medical research company reported $3.27 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $3.11 by $0.16. The company had revenue of $5.81 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $5.67 billion. Amgen had a return on equity of 29.85% and a net margin of 35.46%. Amgen’s revenue was up 2.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned $2.84 earnings per share. Analysts forecast that Amgen Inc. will post $12.57 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, September 8th. Shareholders of record on Thursday, August 17th were given a dividend of $1.15 per share. This represents a $4.60 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 2.46%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Tuesday, August 15th. Amgen’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is presently 41.93%.
Amgen Inc is a biotechnology company. The Company discovers, develops, manufactures and delivers various human therapeutics. It operates in human therapeutics segment. Its marketed products portfolio includes Neulasta (pegfilgrastim); erythropoiesis-stimulating agents (ESAs), such as Aranesp (darbepoetin alfa) and EPOGEN (epoetin alfa); Sensipar/Mimpara (cinacalcet); XGEVA (denosumab); Prolia (denosumab); NEUPOGEN (filgrastim), and other marketed products, such as KYPROLIS (carfilzomib), Vectibix (panitumumab), Nplate (romiplostim), Repatha (evolocumab), BLINCYTO (blinatumomab), IMLYGIC (talimogene laherparepvec) and Corlanor (ivabradine).
Receive News & Stock Ratings for Amgen Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Amgen Inc and related stocks with our FREE daily email newsletter.