Weekly Analysts’ Ratings Changes for bluebird bio (BLUE)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for bluebird bio (NASDAQ: BLUE):
- 10/9/2017 – bluebird bio had its price target raised by analysts at Maxim Group from $100.00 to $170.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/6/2017 – bluebird bio had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The). They now have a $186.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/6/2017 – bluebird bio had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Leerink Swann. They now have a $145.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $120.00.
- 10/2/2017 – bluebird bio was downgraded by analysts at Morgan Stanley from an “equal weight” rating to an “underweight” rating. They now have a $105.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “excitement.” But now may be a time for investors to turn cautious, at least according to analysts at Morgan Stanley. The firm’s Matthew Harrison downgraded Bluebird’s stock rating from Equal Weight to Underweight with an unchanged $105 price target.Heading into the end of 2017 there are underappreciated risks that the Street may be ignoring, Harrison commented. Specifically, data related to LentiGlobin sickle cell data is unlikely to show any significant improvement in hemoglobin production that will be good enough to “increase investor confidence” in its sickle cell gene therapy.”Based on prior data, our premise is that to improve hemoglobin production in sickle cell patients, the correlation between drug-product vector copy number (DP VCN) and peripheral VCN (pVCN) needs to increase substantially,” the analyst explained. “We do not believe the evidence supports current investor optimism that this can be solved by ASH.”
- 9/30/2017 – bluebird bio had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Leerink Swann. They now have a $120.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/28/2017 – bluebird bio had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald. They now have a $39.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “bluebird bio announced that the first multiple myeloma patient was dosed with its next-generation CAR-T product candidate bb21217.””
- 9/6/2017 – bluebird bio is now covered by analysts at Barclays PLC. They set an “overweight” rating and a $151.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/5/2017 – bluebird bio had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company. They now have a $158.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $134.00.
- 9/1/2017 – bluebird bio had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wedbush. They now have a $135.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $121.00.
- 8/31/2017 – bluebird bio had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company.
- 8/16/2017 – bluebird bio is now covered by analysts at Evercore ISI. They set an “in-line” rating and a $102.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/11/2017 – bluebird bio had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $88.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of bluebird bio, Inc. (BLUE) traded up 0.98% on Monday, hitting $129.00. 164,525 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged. The stock’s 50 day moving average is $121.47 and its 200 day moving average is $100.75. The firm’s market cap is $5.88 billion. bluebird bio, Inc. has a 12 month low of $37.05 and a 12 month high of $143.50.
bluebird bio (NASDAQ:BLUE) last posted its earnings results on Wednesday, August 2nd. The biotechnology company reported ($1.73) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of ($1.66) by ($0.07). The business had revenue of $16.70 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $6.29 million. bluebird bio had a negative return on equity of 32.19% and a negative net margin of 1,080.59%. bluebird bio’s revenue for the quarter was up 977.4% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business earned ($1.59) EPS. On average, equities analysts predict that bluebird bio, Inc. will post ($6.85) earnings per share for the current year.
In other news, Director Daniel Lynch sold 500 shares of bluebird bio stock in a transaction dated Thursday, August 31st. The shares were sold at an average price of $120.00, for a total value of $60,000.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now owns 3,300 shares in the company, valued at $396,000. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through the SEC website. Also, insider David Davidson sold 4,000 shares of bluebird bio stock in a transaction dated Monday, October 2nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $131.31, for a total transaction of $525,240.00. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold 126,879 shares of company stock valued at $15,401,808 in the last quarter. Corporate insiders own 3.90% of the company’s stock.
bluebird bio, Inc is a clinical-stage biotechnology company. The Company is focused on developing gene therapies for severe diseases and cancer. With its lentiviral-based gene therapy and gene editing capabilities, it has built an integrated product platform with various applications in these areas. The Company’s clinical programs in severe genetic diseases include its LentiGlobin product candidate to treat transfusion-dependent b-thalassemia and to treat severe sickle cell disease (SCD) and its Lenti-D product candidate to treat cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy (CALD).
Receive News & Stock Ratings for bluebird bio Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for bluebird bio Inc and related stocks with our FREE daily email newsletter.