Recent Investment Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Express Scripts Holding (ESRX)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Express Scripts Holding (NASDAQ: ESRX) in the last few weeks:
- 10/16/2017 – Express Scripts Holding was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $64.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “We are upbeat about Express Scripts’ pharmacy-benefits management long-term outlook. The projection takes the volatile healthcare market trends, inflation, patent expiration and lower industry utilization growth into consideration. Furthermore, Express Scripts should benefit from increased generic utilization, shift toward mail orders, strong specialty growth and an aging population. Branded drugs are becoming increasingly expensive due to double-digit brand inflation. Thus, continued rise in the price of specialty drugs and overwhelming regulatory burden is opening up considerable prospects for generics. However, over the past one year, Express Scripts has underperformed the broader industry in terms of price. Tough competition in the niche space and the persistent drug pricing issue are anticipated to affect the stock.”
- 10/9/2017 – Express Scripts Holding was downgraded by analysts at UBS AG from a “market perform” rating to an “underperform” rating.
- 10/9/2017 – Express Scripts Holding had its “underperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Raymond James Financial, Inc..
- 10/2/2017 – Express Scripts Holding was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 9/19/2017 – Express Scripts Holding is now covered by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They set a “sector perform” rating and a $68.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/1/2017 – Express Scripts Holding had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $56.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/1/2017 – Express Scripts Holding was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/29/2017 – Express Scripts Holding was given a new $72.00 price target on by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Shares of Express Scripts Holding Company (ESRX) traded up 0.70% during trading on Tuesday, hitting $57.21. 3,404,210 shares of the stock were exchanged. Express Scripts Holding Company has a 52 week low of $56.62 and a 52 week high of $77.50. The stock’s 50 day moving average price is $61.90 and its 200 day moving average price is $62.41. The firm has a market capitalization of $33.04 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 9.93 and a beta of 0.88.
Express Scripts Holding (NASDAQ:ESRX) last released its earnings results on Tuesday, July 25th. The company reported $1.73 EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.71 by $0.02. Express Scripts Holding had a net margin of 3.50% and a return on equity of 25.58%. The company had revenue of $25.35 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $25.52 billion. During the same quarter last year, the firm earned $1.57 EPS. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up .5% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, equities analysts predict that Express Scripts Holding Company will post $6.99 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Express Scripts Holding news, VP Everett Neville sold 1,163 shares of the stock in a transaction on Wednesday, August 23rd. The shares were sold at an average price of $61.48, for a total transaction of $71,501.24. Following the completion of the sale, the vice president now owns 18,232 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $1,120,903.36. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at this link. Also, Director Woodrow A. Myers, Jr. sold 3,900 shares of the stock in a transaction on Monday, September 11th. The shares were sold at an average price of $63.93, for a total transaction of $249,327.00. Following the sale, the director now directly owns 11,500 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $735,195. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. In the last ninety days, insiders have sold 5,641 shares of company stock worth $357,317. 0.68% of the stock is owned by insiders.
Express Scripts, Inc is a pharmacy benefit management (PBM) company in North America, offering a range of services to its clients, which include health insurers, third-party administrators, employers, union-sponsored benefit plans, workers’ compensation plans and government health programs. It operates in two segments: PBM and Emerging Markets (EM).
Receive News & Stock Ratings for Express Scripts Holding Company Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Express Scripts Holding Company and related stocks with our FREE daily email newsletter.