Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR) Receives Daily Media Sentiment Rating of 0.07
News stories about Acorda Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ACOR) have been trending somewhat positive recently, according to Accern. The research firm scores the sentiment of news coverage by reviewing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Acorda Therapeutics earned a news sentiment score of 0.07 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned news headlines about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 44.9103967948917 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the near future.
These are some of the media headlines that may have effected Accern Sentiment’s analysis:
- Marketfield Asset Management Decreased Lennar (LEN) Stake; Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR) Sellers Decreased By … – Hill Country Times (hillcountrytimes.com)
- ACOR SHAREHOLDER ALERT: The Law Offices of Vincent Wong Reminds Investors of a Class Action Involving … – Business Wire (press release) (businesswire.com)
- NASDAQ:ACOR Shareholder Notice Lawsuit Alleges Misleading Statements by Acorda Therapeutics Inc – Digital Journal (digitaljournal.com)
- The Klein Law Firm Reminds Investors of a Class Action Filed on Behalf of Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Shareholders and a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of January 17, 2018 (finance.yahoo.com)
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brower Piven Encourages Investors Who Have Losses in Excess of $100,000 from Investment in Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. to Contact Brower Piven before the Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Cl (markets.financialcontent.com)
Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR) opened at $20.55 on Wednesday. Acorda Therapeutics has a 12-month low of $13.60 and a 12-month high of $33.00. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.49, a quick ratio of 2.40 and a current ratio of 2.77.
A number of brokerages have commented on ACOR. Janney Montgomery Scott reiterated a “hold” rating and set a $18.00 target price on shares of Acorda Therapeutics in a report on Wednesday, August 30th. ValuEngine raised Acorda Therapeutics from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating in a research note on Monday, October 2nd. Piper Jaffray Companies reaffirmed a “neutral” rating and issued a $22.00 target price on shares of Acorda Therapeutics in a research report on Tuesday, November 28th. J P Morgan Chase & Co set a $24.00 target price on Acorda Therapeutics and gave the stock a “hold” rating in a research report on Tuesday, October 31st. Finally, Cantor Fitzgerald reissued a “hold” rating and issued a $18.00 price objective on shares of Acorda Therapeutics in a research report on Tuesday, October 31st. Four investment analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating, eleven have given a hold rating, two have given a buy rating and one has assigned a strong buy rating to the stock. The company has an average rating of “Hold” and an average price target of $21.47.
In related news, insider Burkhard Blank sold 11,050 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Friday, December 1st. The shares were sold at an average price of $20.53, for a total value of $226,856.50. Following the completion of the transaction, the insider now owns 33,150 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $680,569.50. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through the SEC website. 7.90% of the stock is owned by corporate insiders.
Acorda Therapeutics Company Profile
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company focuses on developing therapies that restore function and improve the lives of people with neurological disorders. As of December 31, 2016, the Company marketed three United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved therapies, including Ampyra (dalfampridine) Extended Release Tablets, 10 milligram (mg), a treatment to improve walking in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS).
Receive News & Stock Ratings for Acorda Therapeutics Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Acorda Therapeutics and related stocks with our FREE daily email newsletter.