Recent Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Exelixis (EXEL)
Exelixis (NASDAQ: EXEL) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 1/19/2018 – Exelixis was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 1/17/2018 – Exelixis had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc..
- 1/5/2018 – Exelixis was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 1/4/2018 – Exelixis had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cann. They wrote, “Exelixis announced today an amendment to the protocol for the phase Ib trial of Cabometyx (cabozantinib) in combination with atezolizumab (Tecentriq) in patients with locally advanced or metastatic solid tumors. Exelixis reported the amendment adds four new expansion cohorts to the trial, which will now include patients with non- small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC), in addition to previously included patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and urothelial carcinoma (UC). The primary objective in the expansion stage of this trial remains to determine the objective response rate in each cohort. Exelixis confirmed the original trial protocol included four expansion cohorts, which will remain in the amended study unchanged.””
- 1/4/2018 – Exelixis had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc..
- 1/2/2018 – Exelixis was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $35.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Exelixis' lead drug Cabometyx posted strong sales in the first nine months of 2017 thereby underlying the increasing demand for the drug. New patient market share in the second line plus setting increased to 38%. The recent FDA approval of Cabometyx for the treatment previously untreated advanced RCC should further boost demand. The drug performed impressively against widely used Sutent. We expect Cabometyx will pose a challenge to Sutent’s market share for first line RCC in 2018. The approval comes two months ahead of schedule. The drug is also being evaluated for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in the CELESTIAL study. Exelixis also has collaborations with Bristol-Myers and Roche on the development of the drug in combination with immunotherapy agents. Moreover, Exelixis’ share price has outperformed the industry in 2017. However, the company is heavily dependent on Cabometyx for growth.”
- 12/21/2017 – Exelixis had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a $38.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/19/2017 – Exelixis had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc..
Shares of Exelixis, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXEL) opened at $29.44 on Tuesday. Exelixis, Inc. has a fifty-two week low of $16.72 and a fifty-two week high of $32.50. The firm has a market capitalization of $8,710.00, a P/E ratio of 60.08, a PEG ratio of 0.84 and a beta of 1.88.
Exelixis (NASDAQ:EXEL) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, November 1st. The biotechnology company reported $0.26 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.08 by $0.18. Exelixis had a return on equity of 105.47% and a net margin of 36.80%. The company had revenue of $152.50 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $104.91 million. During the same quarter last year, the firm earned ($0.04) EPS. Exelixis’s revenue for the quarter was up 145.2% compared to the same quarter last year. equities research analysts anticipate that Exelixis, Inc. will post 0.49 earnings per share for the current year.
Exelixis, Inc is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on discovery, development and commercialization of new medicines to manage care and outcomes for people with cancer. The Company’s cabozantinib product is an inhibitor of multiple tyrosine kinases, including MET, AXL, and VEGF receptors.
Receive News & Ratings for Exelixis Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Exelixis Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.