Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 24 Hour Trading Volume of $10.28 Billion
Bitcoin (CURRENCY:BTC) traded down 4.7% against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 23:00 PM Eastern on February 20th. One Bitcoin coin can currently be bought for about $10,987.60 on popular exchanges including CoinEgg, Binance, Poloniex and Liqui. Bitcoin has a market capitalization of $185.44 billion and approximately $10.28 billion worth of Bitcoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last week, Bitcoin has traded 25.2% higher against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 10.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,379.57 or 0.12767800 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 11.1% against the dollar and now trades at $3.94 or 0.00036445 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 12.8% against the dollar and now trades at $26.59 or 0.00246062 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 17% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.71 or 0.00025093 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded 7.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.91 or 0.00026892 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 3.3% against the dollar and now trades at $150.75 or 0.01395130 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.59 or 0.00005436 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 38.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.50 or 0.00004606 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 5.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002054 BTC.
Bitcoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Although other cryptocurrencies have come before, Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency – Its reputation has spawned copies and evolution in the space.With the largest variety of markets and the biggest value – having reached a peak of 18 billion USD – Bitcoin is here to stay. As with any new invention, there can be improvements or flaws in the initial model however the community and a team of dedicated developers are pushing to overcome any obstacle they come across. It is also the most traded cryptocurrency and one of the main entry points for all the other cryptocurrencies. The price is as unstable as always and it can go up or down by 10%-20% in a single day.Bitcoin is an SHA-256 POW coin with 21,000,000 total minable coins. The block time is 10 minutes. “
Buying and Selling Bitcoin
Bitcoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Gatecoin, Mr. Exchange, BTC Markets, Huobi, Coinone, BTCC, QuadrigaCX, Bibox, Poloniex, BTCTurk, Coinnest, Bitso, CoolCoin, RightBTC, CEX.IO, LakeBTC, Allcoin, CoinEgg, Luno, Bit-Z, Liqui, Binance, EXX, GDAX, Bitonic, Bittrex, Zaif, Independent Reserve, BitBay, BtcTrade.im, xBTCe, Negocie Coins, Bitbank, Tidex, YoBit, Exmo, HitBTC, Foxbit, OKEx, BX Thailand, Gemini, ACX, Cryptopia, BTCBOX, Fisco, Coinsquare, Coinrail, Bitcoin Indonesia, BL3P, Quoine, BitGrail, Gate.io, Bleutrade, GetBTC, Paribu, Livecoin, bitFlyer, BitMEX, ZB.COM, Bithumb, Bitfinex, Upbit, Kraken, Coinroom, itBit, Korbit, CoinsBank, Lbank, WEX, CoinExchange, Coinfloor, Bitstamp and Kucoin. Investors seeking to trade Bitcoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini.
Receive News & Updates for Bitcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bitcoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.