Ethereum Classic Hits Market Capitalization of $3.79 Billion (ETC)
Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded 12.1% lower against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 23:00 PM E.T. on February 20th. Ethereum Classic has a total market capitalization of $3.79 billion and $1.02 billion worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last week, Ethereum Classic has traded up 7.2% against the US dollar. One Ethereum Classic coin can currently be purchased for approximately $37.92 or 0.00348751 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including TOPBTC, BX Thailand, BitGrail and Koinex.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $11,029.50 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded down 6.8% against the dollar and now trades at $886.98 or 0.08157910 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 10.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,383.50 or 0.12724600 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 4.6% against the dollar and now trades at $223.74 or 0.02057840 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 8.6% against the dollar and now trades at $290.68 or 0.02673520 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 7.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $129.31 or 0.01189330 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 11% against the dollar and now trades at $420.59 or 0.03868310 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded down 15.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0677 or 0.00000622 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 10.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.95 or 0.00036338 BTC.
About Ethereum Classic
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Ethereum Classic Coin Trading
Ethereum Classic can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Kucoin, BitBay, ACX, Cryptopia, Upbit, Mr. Exchange, Coinut, Bitinka, BTCTurk, Allcoin, Independent Reserve, Coinsquare, Bitso, GOPAX, DSX, Kraken, YoBit, CEX.IO, Cobinhood, Tidebit, GDAX, Huobi, CoinFalcon, BitGrail, ZB.COM, BTC Markets, BigONE, Coinnest, Poloniex, Lbank, Liqui, Bitstamp, Coinrail, Gemini, WEX, BtcTrade.im, Bancor Network, EXX, Bitbank, bitFlyer, ChaoEX, EtherDelta, Gate.io, Tidex, TOPBTC, Korbit, BX Thailand, Binance, Bithumb, Exmo, CoinExchange, RightBTC, Gatecoin, Koinex, HitBTC, CoolCoin, CoinEgg, Bit-Z, COSS, Gatehub, Bibox, OKEx, Bitcoin Indonesia, Koineks, Bittrex, Livecoin, QuadrigaCX, Qryptos, Quoine, Coinone, Coinbene, Bitfinex, xBTCe and Mercatox. It is not currently possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum Classic must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.