Recent Investment Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Welltower (WELL)
Welltower (NYSE: WELL) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 3/16/2018 – Welltower had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co.. They now have a $67.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $71.00.
- 3/8/2018 – Welltower had its price target lowered by analysts at Bank of America Corp from $67.00 to $58.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 2/27/2018 – Welltower had its price target lowered by analysts at Citigroup from $67.00 to $54.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 2/27/2018 – Welltower had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stephens. They now have a $61.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/26/2018 – Welltower was given a new $62.00 price target on by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 2/23/2018 – Welltower was given a new $58.00 price target on by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 2/23/2018 – Welltower had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $60.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $74.00.
- 2/22/2018 – Welltower had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $57.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/8/2018 – Welltower was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “b-” rating to a “c+” rating.
- 2/2/2018 – Welltower was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 1/23/2018 – Welltower was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Welltower underperformed its industry in the past three months. However, the Zacks Consensus Estimate for fourth-quarter 2017 funds from operations (FFO) per share remained unchanged in a month’s time. Notably, the company is set to acquire a portfolio of four rental continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) and convert those to a RIDEA structure. Further, it has secured a major institutional investor for the development of an assisted living and memory care community in midtown Manhattan. Moreover, Welltower’s high quality seniors housing portfolio, concentrated in major metro markets, is likely to serve as growth driver in the long run amid the rising senior citizen population that spends more on healthcare services compared to the average population. However, rate hike remains a concern because of its high exposure to long-term leased assets. Adverse effects on earnings due to increased dispositions add to its woes.”
- 1/22/2018 – Welltower was given a new $66.00 price target on by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
Shares of Welltower stock traded down $0.75 during midday trading on Monday, reaching $53.25. 1,832,786 shares of the company were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 2,879,975. Welltower Inc has a 52 week low of $51.63 and a 52 week high of $78.17. The stock has a market cap of $20,070.15, a price-to-earnings ratio of 41.93, a P/E/G ratio of 2.29 and a beta of 0.26. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.83, a quick ratio of 1.85 and a current ratio of 1.85.
Welltower (NYSE:WELL) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, February 22nd. The real estate investment trust reported $1.02 earnings per share for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.04 by ($0.02). Welltower had a return on equity of 4.35% and a net margin of 12.13%. The firm had revenue of $1.10 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $1.09 billion. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm earned $0.91 earnings per share. Welltower’s revenue was up 2.4% on a year-over-year basis. equities research analysts predict that Welltower Inc will post 4.04 earnings per share for the current year.
In related news, Director Kenneth J. Bacon bought 600 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Thursday, March 15th. The stock was acquired at an average cost of $53.63 per share, for a total transaction of $32,178.00. The acquisition was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available at this hyperlink. Also, Director Gary Whitelaw bought 1,862 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Monday, February 26th. The shares were bought at an average price of $53.61 per share, with a total value of $99,821.82. Following the completion of the purchase, the director now owns 5,843 shares in the company, valued at approximately $313,243.23. The disclosure for this purchase can be found here. 0.19% of the stock is owned by insiders.
Welltower Inc invests with seniors housing operators, post-acute providers and health systems to fund real estate and infrastructure. The Company invests in seniors housing and healthcare real estate. It operates in three segments: triple-net, seniors housing operating and outpatient medical. Welltower, a real estate investment trust (REIT), owns interests in properties concentrated in markets in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, consisting of seniors housing and post-acute communities, and outpatient medical properties.
Receive News & Ratings for Welltower Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Welltower Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.