Research Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates for Energen (EGN)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Energen (NYSE: EGN):
- 8/20/2018 – Energen had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KLR Group. They now have a $91.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/16/2018 – Energen had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a $113.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/15/2018 – Energen had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada to $81.00. They now have a “sector perform” rating on the stock.
- 8/15/2018 – Energen was downgraded by analysts at Johnson Rice from an “accumulate” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/13/2018 – Energen was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/7/2018 – Energen had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Williams Capital. They now have a $87.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/20/2018 – Energen was downgraded by analysts at Williams Capital from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $68.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/18/2018 – Energen was given a new $85.00 price target on by analysts at Jefferies Financial Group Inc. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 7/12/2018 – Energen was downgraded by analysts at Morgan Stanley from an “overweight” rating to an “equal weight” rating. They now have a $76.00 price target on the stock. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
Shares of EGN traded down $0.83 on Friday, reaching $76.42. 74,844 shares of the company’s stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 2,285,798. The company has a current ratio of 0.57, a quick ratio of 0.50 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.23. The company has a market capitalization of $7.51 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 101.89 and a beta of 1.30. Energen Co. has a 52-week low of $47.81 and a 52-week high of $79.73.
Energen (NYSE:EGN) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August 7th. The oil and gas producer reported $0.77 EPS for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.75 by $0.02. The company had revenue of $339.65 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $336.78 million. Energen had a return on equity of 6.83% and a net margin of 35.43%. equities research analysts predict that Energen Co. will post 3.27 earnings per share for the current year.
A number of large investors have recently added to or reduced their stakes in EGN. Bray Capital Advisors purchased a new stake in Energen in the second quarter worth $124,000. Cerebellum GP LLC purchased a new stake in Energen in the second quarter worth $188,000. DekaBank Deutsche Girozentrale increased its position in Energen by 137.3% in the first quarter. DekaBank Deutsche Girozentrale now owns 3,111 shares of the oil and gas producer’s stock worth $189,000 after buying an additional 1,800 shares during the last quarter. Whittier Trust Co. of Nevada Inc. purchased a new stake in Energen in the second quarter worth $196,000. Finally, Montag A & Associates Inc. purchased a new stake in Energen in the first quarter worth $201,000. 93.11% of the stock is owned by institutional investors and hedge funds.
Energen Corporation, through its subsidiary, Energen Resources Corporation, engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas. The company has operations within the Midland Basin, the Delaware Basin, and the Central Basin Platform areas of the Permian Basin in west Texas and New Mexico.
Read More: Dividend Stocks – Are They Right For You?
Receive News & Ratings for Energen Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Energen Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.