Weekly Investment Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Aegion (AEGN)
Aegion (NASDAQ: AEGN) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 1/7/2019 – Aegion is now covered by analysts at Maxim Group. They set a “hold” rating and a $18.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Based on a risk of more costs from Aegion’s current restructuring effort and ahead of potential progress selling more drinking water pipe products, we initiate coverage of Aegion with a Hold rating.””
- 1/5/2019 – Aegion was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 1/2/2019 – Aegion was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Aegion have underperformed its industry in the past year. Earnings estimates for 2018 and 2019 have also moved south over the past 60 days, depicting analysts’ concerns over the stock’s earnings growth performance. Moreover, the company trimmed its 2018 EPS expectation mainly due to unfavorable project mix in North America CIPP operations along with top-line weakness in the cathodic protection business. Also, Aegion is witnessing a tighter labor market across North America. However, the company is successfully capitalizing on strong backlog, strength in key markets, improved results on restructured operations and lower tax rates.”
- 12/21/2018 – Aegion was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 12/8/2018 – Aegion was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 11/15/2018 – Aegion was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 11/12/2018 – Aegion had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Zacks Investment Research. According to Zacks, “Aegion’s third-quarter earnings and revenues missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 4.3% and 1.2%, respectively. However, earnings grew 43% from the prior-year figure owing to the improvement in restructured businesses and better-than-expected execution of the coating services business within the Corrosion Protection unit. However, revenues declined 0.6%, mainly due to an unfavorable project mix in North America CIPP operations along with top-line weakness in cathodic protection business. Also, its Infrastructure Solutions revenues (accounting for 45.8% of revenues) were down 10.6%. Aegion’s consolidated backlog came in at $671 million as of Sep 30, down year over year. Again, it’s trimmed EPS outlook for 2018 poses concern. Shares of Aegion have underperformed its industry in the past year. Earnings estimates for 2018 have remained stable over the past 60 days, limiting the stock's upside potential.”
Shares of Aegion stock traded down $0.03 on Friday, hitting $18.23. 7,025 shares of the company traded hands, compared to its average volume of 188,953. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.57, a quick ratio of 1.89 and a current ratio of 2.17. The stock has a market cap of $585.85 million, a P/E ratio of 17.70, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.33 and a beta of 1.92. Aegion Corp has a 12-month low of $15.12 and a 12-month high of $26.80.
Aegion (NASDAQ:AEGN) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, October 30th. The construction company reported $0.45 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.47 by ($0.02). The company had revenue of $339.68 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $344.25 million. Aegion had a negative net margin of 0.55% and a positive return on equity of 7.42%. On average, analysts predict that Aegion Corp will post 1.2 earnings per share for the current year.
A number of large investors have recently modified their holdings of the stock. SG Americas Securities LLC acquired a new stake in Aegion in the second quarter valued at approximately $335,000. Russell Investments Group Ltd. increased its stake in Aegion by 81.0% in the second quarter. Russell Investments Group Ltd. now owns 132,059 shares of the construction company’s stock valued at $3,396,000 after purchasing an additional 59,116 shares during the last quarter. Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. increased its stake in Aegion by 7.8% in the second quarter. Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. now owns 335,677 shares of the construction company’s stock valued at $8,644,000 after purchasing an additional 24,368 shares during the last quarter. GSA Capital Partners LLP purchased a new position in Aegion in the second quarter valued at approximately $482,000. Finally, BlackRock Inc. increased its stake in Aegion by 2.0% in the second quarter. BlackRock Inc. now owns 4,471,366 shares of the construction company’s stock valued at $115,136,000 after purchasing an additional 89,427 shares during the last quarter. Institutional investors own 93.86% of the company’s stock.
Aegion Corporation provides technologies to maintain, rehabilitate, and strengthen infrastructure worldwide. It operates through three segments: Infrastructure Solutions, Corrosion Protection, and Energy Services. The company offers various solutions for rehabilitating and maintaining aging or deteriorating infrastructure; protecting new infrastructure from corrosion; and providing integrated professional services in engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance, and turnaround services for oil companies.
Receive News & Ratings for Aegion Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Aegion Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.