Zcash (ZEC) Trading Up 8.6% Over Last Week
Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded down 0.3% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 9:00 AM E.T. on March 18th. One Zcash coin can now be bought for about $54.44 or 0.01351688 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Upbit, Ovis, Altcoin Trader and Trade Satoshi. In the last week, Zcash has traded 8.6% higher against the U.S. dollar. Zcash has a total market capitalization of $333.27 million and approximately $81.33 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $13.54 or 0.00336073 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded up 5% against the dollar and now trades at $6.77 or 0.00167998 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded down 8.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.61 or 0.00015184 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 0.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.08 or 0.00026775 BTC.
- CrypticCoin (CRYP) traded 4.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0017 or 0.00000043 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded 8.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.10 or 0.00002512 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded 2.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000006 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0645 or 0.00001596 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded down 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0573 or 0.00001424 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00034116 BTC.
Zcash Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Zcash Coin Trading
Zcash can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptomate, Allcoin, Braziliex, Graviex, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Coinroom, BTC-Alpha, Trade Satoshi, Gate.io, Poloniex, Instant Bitex, Bitlish, CoinExchange, OTCBTC, Bitinka, GOPAX, BTC Trade UA, CEX.IO, WEX, Tux Exchange, Sistemkoin, HitBTC, Kraken, OKEx, Cryptopia, Crex24, Liquid, Upbit, BX Thailand, LBank, Coinrail, LocalTrade, Coinut, BCEX, BitBay, Kuna, Mercatox, Ovis, Bit-Z, BiteBTC, Cryptohub, Exmo, Altcoin Trader, C2CX, Huobi, LiteBit.eu, Gemini, Bittrex, BigONE, Bithumb, YoBit, Bitfinex, Binance and CoinEx. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Zcash should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Zcash using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.