Zcash (ZEC) Tops 1-Day Volume of $294.27 Million
Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded down 6.1% against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 13:00 PM ET on September 19th. Zcash has a market cap of $370.26 million and approximately $294.27 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last seven days, Zcash has traded up 11.6% against the US dollar. One Zcash coin can currently be bought for $49.71 or 0.00494793 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including CoinExchange, Gate.io, Cryptohub and C2CX.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 2.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $10.55 or 0.00105007 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded 3.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.10 or 0.00040819 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 4.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00002869 BTC.
- CrypticCoin (CRYP) traded 4.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0005 or 0.00000005 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded up 4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0571 or 0.00000568 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded up 12.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00002018 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded 28.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded up 10.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0527 or 0.00000525 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded down 7.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0509 or 0.00000507 BTC.
- VoteCoin (VOT) traded up 12.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0030 or 0.00000030 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Buying and Selling Zcash
Zcash can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Instant Bitex, Huobi, Cryptomate, OTCBTC, Ovis, Cryptopia, Upbit, Binance, HitBTC, BCEX, Bitfinex, Allcoin, BitBay, Sistemkoin, Tux Exchange, OKEx, Coinut, Mercatox, BTC Trade UA, WEX, LiteBit.eu, Bit-Z, Coinrail, CoinExchange, Coinroom, LBank, C2CX, Altcoin Trader, Braziliex, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Bitinka, Graviex, BX Thailand, BTC-Alpha, LocalTrade, CEX.IO, Gate.io, Crex24, Bithumb, Kuna, Cryptohub, Bitlish, Liquid, Exmo, Kraken, Gemini, CoinEx, GOPAX, Bittrex, Trade Satoshi, BiteBTC, Poloniex, BigONE and YoBit. It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Zcash should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Zcash using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.