Helium (HNT) Market Capitalization Achieves $1.39 Billion
Helium (CURRENCY:HNT) traded down 6.6% against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 16:00 PM E.T. on May 4th. One Helium coin can currently be bought for $17.14 or 0.00031605 BTC on major exchanges. In the last seven days, Helium has traded 3% higher against the dollar. Helium has a market cap of $1.39 billion and approximately $23.67 million worth of Helium was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Avalanche (AVAX) traded 11.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $31.64 or 0.00058342 BTC.
- Algorand (ALGO) traded 7.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.34 or 0.00002475 BTC.
- Elrond (EGLD) traded 6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $180.71 or 0.00333227 BTC.
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) traded down 9.4% against the dollar and now trades at $4.95 or 0.00009130 BTC.
- Theta Fuel (TFUEL) traded 9.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.34 or 0.00000633 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded down 7.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00000671 BTC.
- Kava.io (KAVA) traded 9.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $5.89 or 0.00010866 BTC.
- Wanchain (WAN) traded down 10.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.62 or 0.00002981 BTC.
- Divi (DIVI) traded 2.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0668 or 0.00000123 BTC.
- Energi (NRG) traded 14.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.19 or 0.00005884 BTC.
Helium Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “With a Helium Hotspot, anyone can earn cryptocurrency by building a wireless network in their city and creating a more connected future. It provides wireless coverage for low power Internet of Things (IoT) devices and earns a new cryptocurrency, Helium, from the users' living room. HNT is mined and distributed to Hotspot Owners, Helium Inc., and Investors. Helium uses algorithm called “Proof-of-Coverage” (PoC) to verify that Hotspots are located where they claim (as established in the assert_location transaction when they are first deployed). There is no pre-mine of HNT, and a max supply of 223M HNT. HNT supply comes from mining with a compatible Hotspot that both mines HNT and creates network coverage for IoT devices. All HNT was mined from genesis, starting at a rate of 5M HNT/month and then halving every 2 years. On August 1st, 2021 the net HNT issuance will be reduced to 2.5M HNT per month. The distribution of HNT changes over time to align incentives with the needs of the network. In the early days, a higher proportion of HNT is allocated to Hotspot owners for building and securing coverage. As the network grows, Hotspots earn more for transferring device data on the network while Helium Inc. and investors earn less. After 20 years, distributions no longer adjust and remain fixed. “
Helium Coin Trading
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Helium directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Helium should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Helium using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Helium Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Helium and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.