XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 2.4% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 18:00 PM ET on June 10th. Over the last seven days, XRP has traded down 16.2% against the U.S. dollar. One XRP coin can currently be bought for about $0.88 or 0.00002383 BTC on major exchanges. XRP has a market cap of $40.50 billion and $3.21 billion worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Tether (USDT) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00002720 BTC.
- Polkadot (DOT) traded 1.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $22.88 or 0.00062192 BTC.
- Internet Computer (ICP) traded 16.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $68.46 or 0.00186045 BTC.
- Filecoin (FIL) traded 4.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $74.14 or 0.00201498 BTC.
- Kusama (KSM) traded 2.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $477.02 or 0.01296384 BTC.
- SHIBA INU (SHIB) traded down 5.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin BEP2 (BTCB) traded down 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $36,749.93 or 0.99873610 BTC.
- Klaytn (KLAY) traded down 6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.08 or 0.00002923 BTC.
- KnoxFS (old) (KFX) traded up 4.3% against the dollar and now trades at $19.25 or 0.00049793 BTC.
- Wrapped BNB (WBNB) traded 5.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $355.77 or 0.00966862 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature. “
Buying and Selling XRP
It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade XRP should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase XRP using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.