Mooncoin (MOON) traded flat against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 23:00 PM Eastern on May 14th. Mooncoin has a total market capitalization of $6.77 million and approximately $140.00 worth of Mooncoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Mooncoin coin can now be purchased for $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges. Over the last week, Mooncoin has traded flat against the US dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 2.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0879 or 0.00000295 BTC.
- DEI (DEI) traded down 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.98 or 0.00003280 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded 2.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $5.02 or 0.00016828 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 3.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $67.13 or 0.00225117 BTC.
- SpaceMine (MINE) traded up 7.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00003345 BTC.
- EAC (EAC) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.84 or 0.00006163 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $3.68 or 0.00010892 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 5.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00000683 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 5.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00000608 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded down 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0048 or 0.00000016 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Moons are a new way for people to be rewarded for their contributions to r/CryptoCurrency. Moons can be claimed in the new Vault section of the Reddit iOS or Android app. They represent ownership in the subreddit, they are tokens on the Ethereum blockchain controlled entirely by the user, and they can be freely transferred, tipped, and spent in r/CryptoCurrency. Moons are distributed monthly based on individual contributions (comments, posts, etc.) that people make in r/CryptoCurrency. Reddit karma provides a basis for measuring people’s contribution, but the final decision is up to the community. Initially, 50 million Moons will be distributed based on karma earned in the subreddit to date. The amount distributed each following month will start at 5 million and decrease by 2.5% every cycle, so that the total number of Moons distributed over time will approach a maximum cap of 250 million. “
Buying and Selling Mooncoin
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Mooncoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Mooncoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Mooncoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Mooncoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Mooncoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.