Filecoin (FIL) traded up 3.6% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 0:00 AM E.T. on June 23rd. Over the last seven days, Filecoin has traded up 9.7% against the U.S. dollar. Filecoin has a market cap of $1.31 billion and approximately $173.63 million worth of Filecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Filecoin coin can currently be bought for $5.87 or 0.00027812 BTC on exchanges.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- JUMPN (JST) traded down 54% against the dollar and now trades at $5.46 or 0.00018651 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00004737 BTC.
- CV SHOTS (CVSHOT) traded 13% higher against the dollar and now trades at $23.14 or 0.00109715 BTC.
- Sweet SOL (SSOL) traded 600.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Bitsubishi (BITSU) traded down 6.8% against the dollar and now trades at $88.29 or 0.00418694 BTC.
- Tari World (TARI) traded up 17.7% against the dollar and now trades at $16.31 or 0.00077298 BTC.
- XRP (XRP) traded 14.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00001755 BTC.
- Wrapped Cardano (WADA) traded up 5.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.49 or 0.00002335 BTC.
- Lido stETH (STETH) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2,947.45 or 0.07417648 BTC.
- Gateway Protocol (GWP) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.92 or 0.00013836 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Filecoin is a decentralized storage network that turns cloud storage into an algorithmic market. The market runs on a blockchain with a native protocol token (also called “Filecoin”), which miners earn by providing storage to clients. Conversely, clients spend Filecoin hiring miners to store or distribute data. Filecoin miners compete to mine blocks with sizable rewards, but Filecoin mining power is proportional to active storage, which directly provides a useful service to clients. “
Buying and Selling Filecoin
It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Filecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Filecoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Filecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Filecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Filecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.