Dero (DERO) traded up 2.3% against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 20:00 PM E.T. on May 26th. During the last week, Dero has traded down 5.2% against the dollar. One Dero coin can now be bought for $5.67 or 0.00021262 BTC on major exchanges. Dero has a total market cap of $76.94 million and approximately $139,140.41 worth of Dero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $26,660.43 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0710 or 0.00000266 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $87.12 or 0.00326762 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded 1.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.53 or 0.00013243 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 0.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $150.50 or 0.00564522 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded up 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $17.97 or 0.00067393 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $112.93 or 0.00423580 BTC.
- DEI (DEI) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00000747 BTC.
- Pax Dollar (USDP) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.99 or 0.00003722 BTC.
- Conflux (CFX) traded 1.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.30 or 0.00001128 BTC.
Dero Coin Profile
Dero is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was June 27th, 2018. Dero’s total supply is 18,400,000 coins and its circulating supply is 13,573,837 coins. The official message board for Dero is forum.dero.io. Dero’s official website is dero.io. Dero’s official Twitter account is @deroproject and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Dero is https://reddit.com/r/deroproject and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
Its implementation builds out a main chain from the DAG network of blocks, which refers to main blocks and side blocks. Side blocks contribute to chain proof-of-work security, making traditional 51% attacks impossible. In contrast to traditional blockchains, Dero considers the transaction as the smallest unit of computation, not the block. Therefore, blocks on Dero can contain duplicate or double-spend transactions, but these are filtered by the client protocol and ignored by the network.
Dero aims to manage combining the security and decentralization of a proof-of-work blockchain with the scalability and transaction speed of DAG technology. Dero’s goal is a blockchain network that can serve businesses and individuals worldwide and support secure, fast, and anonymous transactions and smart contract execution.”
Buying and Selling Dero
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Dero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Dero should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Dero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Dero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Dero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.